Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cheryl Richardson - a touch of grace

For a few years now I have received a weekly newsletter from Cheryl Richardson.
Her website is http://www.cherylrichardson.com/

I think I have needed some normal sensible voices to whisper in my ears that I must take charge of my own life. Hers is one.
Nothing sensational in those newsletters. Just a good friend sharing her thoughts on different subjects and then giving a mission connected to that subject.

I have some of her books.

I bought a stack of Self Care cards.
F.ex. one card has a painting with the word SUPPORT. When you turn the card over you read: " Offer your support to someone. Experience the joy of serving others."
Sometimes I randomly pick two cards and try to figure what the two subjects put together, like f.ex. FRIENDSHIP and COURAGE mean to me.

For an article about the Philosophy of Extreme Self Care, check this
http://www.cherylrichardson.com/store/my-extreme-self-care.htm

On Cheryl Richardson's website she now has a feature called A Touch of Grace.
You think of a challenge you are facing with your eyes closed and then open them to chose one of the stars you feel a connection to.

Without telling you my challenge, I will tell you the answer I just got - FAITH.
I then closed my eyes again thinking about this word in relation to my challenge.
When I clicked on the card, it turned and I read the message:

Have faith.
Every event we experience
and every person we meet
has been put in our path
for a reason.


May I add: Amen.

No comments: