Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living with snow



This is my fourth winter since moving back to Norway.
I am not too big a fan of this season, so I am lucky
to live in Moss. Moss is usually a lite version of
Winter-Norway.

But this winter is different. Much more snow.
Snowing for days on end. The city authorities
making great efforts (and using much money)
for clearing the streets.

All this snow reminds me of my childhood up in the
mountains. Snow would often come in the end of
September and the last patches melt in the beginning
of June.

As a child growing up with that kind of weather, it was
normal.
It was normal that everything was covered with snow.
It was normal to play outside in the snow.
It was normal to use skis every day.
To skate in the skate rink.

The cold temperatures were normal.
All those winter clothes were normal.

Days with snow and sun.
Days with a lot of new snow falling.
Like today, here in Moss.

No comments: