Sunday, February 27, 2011

A present

About a week ago I was shown two oil paintings
made by Oddbjorn ( Oddbjørn) Ottesen
who lives here in Moss.

I am not an expert in this field, but
immediately was charmed by a painting
inspired by one of Rembrandt's self-portraits.


For me, even the technical part of creating
such an oil painting is a wonder.

At home, I searched the internet and
looked at some of Rembrandt's self portraits
from different museums around the world.
I was also reminded of my own visit to the
Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam around 35 years ago.

That night it felt like a wonderful surprise and
pleasure to have seen this painting here in Moss,
and to know who had painted it.



Imagine my surprise when I got a present today
- that same oil painting.
I like it very much.
I feel priviliged to own it.

Thank you!

PS. I took these photographs tonight, but will try again
in daylight to see what difference it makes in
the colors.

No comments: