Friday, May 9, 2008

Warmer



http://uktv.co.uk/images/standarditem/L1/500038_L1.gif


After the winter, which here in Moss, was more dark and not that cold and with fairly little snow, spring came.

A week ago our landlord cut the grass in the backyard for the first time in 2008.

For two weeks now I have observed many of the locals sunbathing on their porches and, according to my impression, dressing too summerly for the actual weather while walking the streets.
Like they need the sunrays on their skin.
Like they feel the need to celebrate that the winter is over.

Today May 9th I started the day with a cardigan over my shortsleeved T-shirt.
By ten o'clock I took the cardigan off and have spent the rest of the day outside in my shortsleeved T-shirt.
Who would have believed I would be so Norwegian!

Now at half past six in the afternoon the sun is still shining and the temperature outside my kitchen window is 25 degrees Celsius.

No comments: