Monday, July 14, 2008

1-week Polish Railway Pass

As I knew that I would be travelling one week around Poland by train, I checked the internet for timetables and prices, and made a fairly detailed schedule suiting my plans.
http://rozklad.pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en

The combined price for all the trips I intended to do, came out about the same as a one week Railway Pass (390 zloty + shipping) , but the convenience of entering any train with the pass made me decide to go for that option.
No standing in queues to obtain tickets!
http://www.polrail.com/sections/store/rail_passes.html


If you look on the map of Poland, trace my route by train from Warszawa to Wroclaw to Krakow to Tarnow to Lubaczow, from Belzec to Warszawa and see what distances I covered.

2 comments:

puisor said...

Hello,


Have you used your passport to buy the rail pass? do you know if one can use an identity card also to buy such a rail pass?

EF said...

Actually I bought the rail pass through the internet.It was sent to me by regular mail and I then had to fill in my name and passport number and the date of my first day of travel.
When the conductor checked the tickets on the train, he also looked at my passport.
Conclusion:
To BUY the rail pass you only need money.
To TRAVEL, you seem to need your passport.