Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Halin in Bolimow - inside


Downstairs in the renovated old dworek (minor mansion) that is now the main guest house, you find a nice spacious livingroom.

In the livingroom you find this fireplace.

There is a library with books mostly in Polish but also some in English.
I have never had that kind of summerholiday in my grownup life, but I suddenly could imagine myself sitting outside in the garden hours on end, reading books, going in to eat the delicious food, rest in my room, read some more, go for long walks.
Relaxing.....

Also downstairs was a big kitchen, though the cooked dishes were prepared in the family's own kitchen and brought to the dining hall next to the kitchen.
This is where we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Several in our family have their "specialities" when eating, so it was a pleasant surprise to discover this had been taken into consideration by the hosts.
I got my fish!

Upstairs where the bedrooms were, the whole interior very much reminded us of my aunt's summer house in Sweden.
Though this place was of course much grander and so new you smelt the wood.

You can even see how the floor shines!

No comments: