Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Step One for Getting Rid of Blurred Vision

Yesterday I phoned my eye doctor and asked
to move my Sept 3rd appointment to Aug 27th.
Luckily he had a cancellation and I got to
the eye doctor one week earlier. Good!

So today he checked my eyes and told me
I could have an operation to get rid of my cataract.
I paid him 280 Norwegian kroner for the visit
(my part of the deal, I don't know how much
the government's part is.)

Time is important for me - the earlier,
the better - so he told me of some of the clinics
where they may have shorter waiting lists.
Because I can choose where to have
the operation.

I then hurried home to make phone calls
to different clinics, and was lucky to get
an appointment for tomorrow afternoon
at one place.
Not for the operation - that may take a
month or so - but for the pre-operation
check-up
.

I felt so relieved, because in addition
to having everything blurred, my eyes
also hurt.
Imagine waking up with tired eyes....

So tomorrow will be another
important day for checking out
the Norwegian health system.

So far, so good.

No comments: