Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A new word in my vocabulary : BACN

Some areas interest me and I want to learn more.
The internet gives me endless opportunities for this.
I have signed up for some interesting newsletters.

The problem is that the newsletters come,
and I may not have the time or energy just then.

The newsletters start accumulating in my Inbox.

Lately I have learnt to empty my Inbox every night
in order to "finish" the day, in this symbolic way.

My gmail then gives me at least two solutions
what to do with the emails I want to read later.

First I just starred them, but now I try to star only
the emails I have to answer.
Those emails sent by a person expecting
a fairly quick response.

I found that for the subscribed newsletters I
wanted to read later I could use the labels.

Two days ago I found a word for this
last kind of emails - bacn.
Bacn, pronounced like bacon.

According to the Wikipedia:
Bacn differs from spam in that the emails are not unsolicited: the recipient has somehow signed up to receive it. Bacn is also not necessarily sent in bulk. Bacn derives its name from the idea that it is "better than spam, but not as good as a personal email".

Bacn.

No comments: