Thursday, June 11, 2009

Story about my grandfather

My Swedish grandfather was involved in different
political and social activities where he lived,
as I have told earlier.

This must have been in the 1940's.
It was hard for young couples who wanted to
marry to start a home. My mother says the
government gave small loans to these young
couples.

She says that my grandfather had been
appointed as one of those interviewing the
candidates for those loans.

She remembers how they young couples would
come, riding their bicycles, to the farm to talk
with my grandfather.

How big were the loans?
How long time were they given to pay back?

Was my grandfather's job to help the couple
fill in forms to be sent to some committee
after an initial interview?
Or did he decide himself if they should get the
loan? Probably not.

No comments: