Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All the Rivers Run


http://www.crawfords.com.au/libary/series/rivers_run1.shtml

More than 20 years ago I followed an Australian
TV series called All the Rivers Run.
I think it was one of the first Australian TV programs
I had seen.
Australia seemed so far away, but this series
brought it closer.
The life on the River Murrey, the paddleboats, the
huge eucalyptus trees and the wonderful music made a
deep impression on me.

Later, a Swedish girl gave me an audio with the music.

Now, twenty years later, I put this audio into
the cassette player and listen once more to the music.
I still love the music!

It brings me back in time, both in my own life 25
years ago, but also 110 years back in Australian history.

Would I also like the series if I saw it once more?

YouTube even have a preview
which reminds me that when I saw it on TV it was in
black and white.

PS. In 2017 I found the pocketbook " All the Rivers Run"
by Nancy Cato. Perhaps I will read it. :-) There is something
fascinating about books made into films.
Did you see the film  first? Did you read the book first?
How do the two compare? Can you like both?

No comments: