Monday, April 25, 2011

The mistake



What you see in this photo - whipped cream and
sourcream - reminded me of a childhood experience.

In our house we did not eat sourcream as far as
I remember. But we loved whipped cream!

One day I found a bowl with what I was convinced
was whipped cream, brought a big spoon, and took
a big mouthfull. What a disappointment!
I spitted it out. I hated it.

In fact it took me around twenty years and living in
my second country till I decided to one day to
use sourcream in a nobake cake recipee. "Concealed"
this way, I thought it tasted good.

Now, fifty years later and back in Norway, I find
myself buying different kinds of sourcream at
the supermarket. I love it. I do not need to conceal
it with berries or sugar.

On some festive occassion I also eat a little whipped
cream.....

No comments: