Friday, May 28, 2021

Update on my neighbors, the Seagull family May 28th

May has been a cold and rainy month, in my opinion,  but all through this, I can see one of the Seagull spouses on this side of the chimney.  Is it only Mrs. Seagull , or do the two of them alternate? I am not sure any more.

Today is a sunny day. 

What I see today is that the seagull is opening her/his  beak again and again, but I cannot hear any sound.

Is this some kind of announcement? Is she/he hungry? Have the chicks hatched? Probably not.


How long does a seagull lie on her eggs? According to one Norwegian website it can be from 22 to 24 days for small seagulls and 26 to 28 days for big seagulls. 

https://www.fuglevennen.no/sporsmal/?q_id=28513

That could mean that these chicks will be hatched roughly  between May 30th and June 5th - this if my observation that they started their project on May 8th.

  

No comments: