Sunday, August 5, 2007

Kantareller = Cantharel





Even for those Norwegians not too familiar with mushrooms, this kind is probably the only one they feel safe to pick.

It is called Kantareller in Norwegian and cantharel in English.

My mother is an expert on mushrooms and cannot be stopped when the forest fills up with mushrooms and wild berries.

Yesterday she and my niece picked all these mushrooms and today they carefully cleaned them.

Probably three kilo of Kantareller.

Well done!

PS. I did not inherit the picking-mushroom-gene from my mother and grandmother, but I love eating them.

1 comment:

cheripop said...

We almost bought some of these at the farmers market a few weeks ago, but they were shipped in from the Pacific Northwest (the only place they grow in the US) and were $35 for half a pound!