Saturday, August 25, 2007

New apartment

The fact that I had to leave my apartment because it was up for sale, comes out a real blessing.

My new apartment costs about 180 US dollars more, but there are several advantages:

# It is a bigger apartment where I will have a fairly big living room,
a bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom and even place for guests.
In the attic I will have my fairly big office.
# It is an old wooden cosy house with two floors, and I live upstairs.
# It is very close to where my mother lives.
# It is very close to the bus stop for work.
# It is very close to the supermarket.
# It is very close to the sea.

Officially I will live there from September 1st.
I hope to get a regular phone number within ten days from now and then an internet connection within two weeks after that.

The apartment looks very minimalistic/empty at this point, but that is OK.
Buying furniture at FRETEX, the secondhand shop of the Salvation Army, solves all my problems.

It is actually quite exciting to start out with a clear canvas.

No comments: