Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snow and snow and snow



This photo was taken in my backyard
one time when just a tiny bit of
snow had fallen.
I imagine it melted the next day....
That has been the kind of winter weather
I have been spoiled with here in Moss.



Today I took this photo.

Since I came back from the States,
Moss has been covered in snow,
with more snow falling now and then.

Suddenly I had this feeling I had as a child.
When we lived up in the Norwegian
mountains and the first snow came,
sometimes in the end of September,
you just knew that the snow would be there
till the last spots melted away in the
beginning of June.

Snow had a life.
It was like a long film.

Till now, here in Moss,
snow has more been like snapshots.
Now you see it. Now you don't.

For the last two weeks snow in Moss
has become a film for me.
Hopefully a documentary that doesn't
last too long....

No comments: