Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A family farm that is no longer a family farm

Checking a box of photos today , these two popped up.


The one above was probably taken in the 1950's
before my grandparents moved away.
It was then "the family farm".



The second photo I took myself , probably in the 1980's.

It was then mentioned as "the family farm" but
it belonged to my grandfather's brother.
A lot of hurt feelings came up when you talked about
this subject.

Now in 2011, it belongs to people with money.
Not to anybody in my family.

Even so many years later, hurt feelings come up
when some family members talk about the farm.

I have wonderful childhood memories from here
that I keep in my heart, but personally I don't
feel the loss like the older generation does.

In my mind it is now "a farm that once belonged
to the family".


No comments: