Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Norwegian Bank Card

My credit card from my other country has a photo of me on it. It is only used for bank matters. For identification my local ID card proves who I am.

My Norwegian bank card has my photo and personal information, making it an ID card in many situations in Norway.

Before I got my bank card I used my Norwegian passport for identification. There are no ID cards issued by the state like in my other country.

I really think the banks back in my other country should add the ID part to all their credit cards. The photo, which is not compulsory, is something, but not enough.

Bank language:
In my other country we usually talk about Bankomat.
Here in Norway they call it Minibank.

More bank stuff:
In my other country when I pay with a credit card, the cashier in the office, supermarket or shop take the card from my hand and pushes it through a slit to confirm if there is money on my account. The vendor has the active role.
In supermarkets, shops, offices etc. in Norway, they use a separate machine turned in my direction where I push the card through the slit and write the four numbered pin-code. I, the customer, have the active role.

No comments: