Sunday, April 29, 2007

The color black - for mourning and celebration

Black is a popular color for women's clothes.
As for myself, I have tried to stay away from it.

Personally, it has been the color of mourning.
I dressed in black for my father's funeral and gave away the new clothes afterwards.

Yesterday I went shopping for clothes for my son's wedding. I tried different colors, different models.

In the end, I bought a black dress with tiny white dots and a black jacket!
I don't believe it myself!
But after all the clothes I tried on, I really think I looked my best in this outfit.

So now, nine years after dressing up in black for my father's funeral, here I come to Chicago to celebrate the wedding and future happiness of my daughter-in-law and my son, and I once more dress up in black. This time in joy.

Life is full of surprises, even at my age....

No comments: