Sunday, April 1, 2007

Precious Ramotswe, a lady detective from Botswana


A year ago my Swedish aunt gave me a book with the strange name "The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency".
That's how I read about Precious Ramotswe, "the first lady detective in Gaborone, Botzwana, Africa."
I loved this character and was happy to find two more books in the series at Moss Public Library.

At this point, I decided to find out how many books have been written in the series and who the author is.
This is the entry on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McCall_Smith

Imagine, smart Mma Ramotswe had been invented by a man!
A man born in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) in 1948.
A man who now lives in Edinburgh in Scotland.
A man who is a professor of medical law.
A man who has taught at the University of Gaborone, Botzwana.

There are nine books, so far, in this series.


Worth checking out!

2 comments:

AK said...

We enjoyed that series as well.
A neighbor lent the first book in the series to my mother and we got it as a present from a cousin.
I found myself, for the first time in my life, reading the same book my mother was reading!

EF said...

Precious Ramatswo and her friends enjoy their Rooisbos tea.
I had never heard about this tea.

In a health store they sold Rooisbos tea.
No caffein.
As hot or cold tea.
Sounded good.

I have now been drinking rooisbos tea for two weeks.
It is OK, but I am still not crazy about it.

Who knows what will happen till I finish the packet?