Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thanks to my friend Reidun I went to a concert

Reidun has enriched my cultural life lately.
After the movie about Edith Piaf she invited me to a concert in the neighboring town of Fredrikstad.

What kind of concert?
A famous singer from Sweden ( I did not remember the name, because I had never heard about him) would sing with a local quoir, Hafslundsøy Sangkor.
One of Reidun's friends sings in that quoir.
The program itself I did not know till I got there!

The quoir was great - romantic and fun, fast and slow.
The name of the singer was Gøran Fristorp - what a voice!
The program turned out to be songs by Swedish troubadour Evert Taube ; songs I grew up with - my mother would sing in the car, and my father loved listening.

I think I have a fairly strong Swedish part too!

I decided to look for a CD of Gøran Fristorp singing Evert Taube and found this:

Gøran Fristorp, Sjungar och spelar Taube
Audio CD
Disk ID: 1820772
Disk length: 54m 14s (12 Tracks)
Original Release Date: Unknown
Label: Unknown

Tracks & Durations
1. Calle Schewens vals 4:34
2. Himlajord 4:05
3. Stockholmsmelodi 4:59
4. Balladen om Gustaf Blom 4:58
5. Målaren och Maria Pia 6:00
6. Västanvind 5:05
7. Vals i Valparaiso 5:01
8. Så skimrande var aldrig havet 3:27
9. Jag har skrivit till min flicka 3:27
10. Invitation til Guatemala 4:55
11. Dansen på Sunnanö 5:08
12. Minnet och tystnaden 3:25

This last one "Minnet och Tystnaden" (The Memory and the Silence) was a song I had never heard before, but it touched my heart in a special way.

No comments: