Sunday, March 1, 2009

Priorities and balance

In my strive to find some balance in my
life, I first adopted this model:
Earn Money.
Have Fun.
Do Good.

I have always been a real failure in
Earn Money.
I had through the years stopped most of
Have Fun.
My life had been much centered around
Do Good. In my vocabulary that meant
Do Good to others.

Then some months ago I decided that in
my world there must be both
Do Good to others
and
Do Good to myself.

My latest version of naming these four
parts of my life is now:
Earn Money.
Have Fun.
Help Others.
Self-Care.

Most importantly, there must be some
balance between these four.

So I keep a journal jotting down most of
what I do in my everyday life, adding the
category.
Keeps me aware of what I am doing,
but also gives me a good feeling of what
I have accomplished.

For how long I will be doing this?
Haven't decided yet.

No comments: