Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hemmets kokbok with a website



After writing the blog entry about my
mother's cookbook, I googled around a little
and found that Hemmets Kokbok had started
back in 1903.
From 1903 to 1946, they had printed
half a million paper copies in 40 editions!
Remember, Sweden is a small country.

But then I found that in the spirit of
improving cooking skills and enriching
recipe collections and updating
information regularly, the Nutrional
Department (IKV) at the University in
Uppsala now has a website called
Nya Hemmets Kokbok.

The website is only in Swedish,
but it has several sections:

Recipes
Search Engine
Cooking School
My Page (where you can save your recipes)
About Us


In the memory of my Swedish grandmother
who bought the book and in honor of my
mother who has used the book a lot,
I have decided to try to use that website.
http://www.ikv.uu.se/kokboken/index.php

For me, this is a good example how the
internet is a much better alternative than
a book when there is a lot of information,
the information is changing all the time,
and I , as a consumer, only need part of
the information.

No comments: