Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sea Glass





Moss is next to the sea.
Sometimes I forget that.

Till a few days ago I had never heard the
expression "sea glass".
But when you walk along the beach and see
pieces of glass washed ashore, you see that
some are new sharp-edged pieces, but others
have spent so long time in the sea they
have been rounded and turned into small gems.
Sea glass.

So twice I have been down to the beaches of
the Oslofjord looking for treasures, using it
as an opportunity to move around physically,
but also as some kind of meditation.

Checking the internet, I found that some
colors are very rare (orange and red) and the
three most common colors are those I have
found - green, brown and white - but the
issue of rarity of color is not important for
me just now.
I want my sea glass to have rounded
interesting shapes and be comforting
when you hold them in the palm of your
hand.

Sea glass.

No comments: