Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kate's Adventure with Grandma: Day Two

Kate before noon:
When I woke up this morning I found that the old
lady we call Grandma was the one who picked me up from
the bed, so I smiled.
Who else could I smile to?
My Mom and Dad were not there.

I have played.
I have of course eaten my breakfast.
I have studied my big library of books.
Grandma and I have been dancing and singing.

Now it is close to eleven and Grandma put me in
my bed for a nap, but after a minute or two of
protest crying, I now make happy noices,
while Grandma hopes I will soon fall asleep.

Kate at 7.30 at night:
This day was also OK.
Grandma and I played in the garden, inside the tent,
and Grandma spoke with the neighbor B.
This morning Grandma had watered the flowers on
the porch, but had wondered how to water the
vegetables - after all, she has a problematic back.
But B. had seen that the vegetables looked a little
distressed and had used her hose to water them.
She thought nobody was home.
Thanks B. !

All this water business reminded Grandma that
yesterday she did not give me a bath - so today I
got one! In addition, Grandma washed all my clothes,
so she looked rather pleased with herself :-).

But she still needs to figure out how to clean the floors.
I whispered to her there is a vacuum cleaner upstairs
but she looks a little worried if she will be able to
operate it.
Tomorrow she will just have to try!

The cats have decided that Grandma is OK too, so
in general we have now gotten through two of the
four days and one of the three nights very well.

Tomorrow Mom and Dad are going on a river cruise
on the Missisippi - water again.

PS. I do not like maccaroni with cheese very much,
to say the least.
But garden vegetables and pasta in tomato sauce
- so delicious!

No comments: