Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kate's Adventure with Grandma: Day Three

Kate around three in the afternoon:
I think I must learn how to say the words
"technically challenged" in order to explain
to Mom and Dad that Grandma only managed to
vacuum the two rugs downstairs, and not the wooden
floor or the sofa and the armchair.

This morning someting good happened - it rained!
Grandma and I even stepped out on the porch
to feel some of the drops on our heads and to touch
the water on the garden table.

It doesn't rain now, but the weather is greyish and
I see on Grandma's face she likes this temperature
better than when it was very hot.

The last days I have loved to play with the Cookie-
monster and the Octipus. I like to let them dance to
the songs I hear. Sometimes they dance in the air.
Sometimes they dance on the sofa.

Today I was also sitting for a long time in the corner
playing with the McDonald farm, using the
Cookiemonster and the Octipus and a paper figure
in my play.
Grandma thinks I have a good imagination and
a long attention span ..... or something like that.
I just love to play!

Kate around six in the afternoon:

Grandma wasn't quite right about the temperature
outside today. When we went outside to play it was
actually still quite humid but it was windy, so we
said "wind, wind" many times.
Then I stared at the turtle, so Grandma took off the
cover and I could play in the sandbox.
I remember the first time I was there, quite puzzled
with the texture of sand, but now I am a pro,
and played with the sand for a long time.
I even tried to push sand through the bottom of
one of the buckets, but that did not work.

Then I was fascinated by the two bottles of magic
bubble liquid so Grandma brought the bubble machine
and a lot of bubbles flew around.
I think Grandma wants to buy one of those bubble
machines to bring back to Norway.

A secret: If the banana growers of America knew
how much I love to eat bananas, they would certainly
use me in a commercial, but I am not going to tell them.
Shhhh....

1 comment:

cheripop said...

We're so glad you're having fun! Still no cell phone reception here... but we're at spot #3. We'll be home tomorrow!