Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My new home: where I sleep


First there was a long narrow room between the kitchen and the livingroom.
Being only one person with a single bed, I decided this would be my sleeping room.


Living in Norway with so much secondhand furniture available, it is cheap and simple to get established.
If I remember right, the bed, originally an IKEA model , cost me around 35 US dollars at the Salvation Army store FRETEX (previously mentioned).
I decided to buy two sets of new bedlinen at the HEMTEX store and that cost me around 50 US dollars. Textiles I find to be cheap here as there are so many bargains.
The nighttable cost around 15 US dollars.
The rug came from my mother.
The little table from friends of my mother.
The little curtain I bought in May in my other country.
The lamp from MASVO, a secondhand shop run by mentally handicapped grownups, cost me around 10 US dollars.
Closer to the camera I have some books on the floor as I am still looking for a bookshelf and a comfy chair - secondhand of course.

The window has blinds - a good thing, as the street lamp is right outside my window, though it is not a problem for falling asleep!

No comments: