Sunday, January 27, 2008

My dear Ricoh camera


This is the camera I used for about 25 years before buying a digital camera.

The greatest difference for me has been that now I can take an endless number of photos and then chose afterwards at home, which photos I want to keep.
Back then I had to work in units of 36 clicks, developing and printing all those 36 photos, and then perhaps liking one or two or three of the photos.

As for printing out photos in a photoshop, I hardly ever do that any more.

I have one favorite photo shop in my other country.
In the past they would have earned money from selling me films, developing and printing my films.
These days their main income from my hobby would have been from selling me new digital cameras, memory chips for my camera and a battery charger with rechargeable batteries.

No comments: