Sunday, March 2, 2008

My bucket


About two years ago I found this picture on the internet.
At the time I felt it symbolized me.
Holes in my life.
Energy slipping away.
Today I found this picture again.
Now I feel differently.
Of course, some of my energy has to go to what I consider
less important tasks.
But even those tasks are now more in balance.
Each action is needed to make my whole life OK.
Since Jan 1st 2008 I have recorded as many
as possible of the specific actions I have
done during each day,
instead of what I planned to do.
Focusing on accomplishments, instead of plans, leaves me
a happier person at the end of the day.
For each action I have done, I also categorize that action
according to
HAVE FUN
EARN MONEY
DO GOOD
By doing this, I am more conscious of the balance between
the three.
You think I am crazy writing it all down?
For me, now is the time to focus on living
a more balanced and happy life.
Writing it down, slows me down enough to make
this a learning experience.
Conclusion : I have repaired my bucket fairly well during
the last year.

No comments: