Monday, March 31, 2008

Soft at heart


A cake with a soft heart.
Chocolate Moelleux.
I haven't tried it yet.
The local newspaper Moss Avis had an inspiring article
about this calorie bomb.
So instead of keeping the clipping , I decided to write
down the recipe here, but in my own way.
This recipe will give eight separate little portion cakes.

Stage 1: Prepare the filling
4 tablespoon of cream
100 gram chocolate
zest of 1/2 orange peel
Warm the cream, mix in the the chocolate
and add the zest of the orange peel.
When the filling is cold, make small chocolate balls
and put those in the fridge again.


Stage 2: Prepare the cake
110 gram dark chocolate
50 gram butter
40 gram rice floor or potato flour
40 gram ground almonds
90 gram sugar
2 eggs, separated
Warm the butter, melt the chocolate,
add the egg yolks.
Add the ground almonds and
the rice flour.
Whip the egg whites stiff
with the sugar.
Mix carefully.


Stage 3: Add the filling to the cake
Pour one tablespoon of
cake batter into well buttered moulds.
Add one chocolate ball.
Pour enough cake batter to encase
the chocolate ball.
Cool the cake before baking.

Bake for about ten minutes
on 180 degrees Celsius.

Let cool a few minutes before
you carefully remove it from
the mould.

Serve warm.

Now that I wrote it down, it will be interesting to see
how long it will take till I make it.

In my life, I have sometimes read a recipe,
looked at a photo of the dish,
felt as if I had eaten it,
and then never made it....

PS. The idea of a cake that looks "normal" on the outside
and seems to be uncooked on the inside,
was the idea of The Unsuccessful Cake
I used to make many years ago.

No comments: