Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Local history in Horten

Last Sunday I went with the local history club in Moss
(Moss Historielag) to visit a local history center in
Horten, the town on the other side of the Oslofjord.

It is located near the Photo Museum and the Marine
Museum that I have visited a few times during the last
few years, though I had not even seen that this
center had opened in 2007.

Part of the exhibition are rooms furnished in the style
of my childhood.

Like this kitchen


and this livingroom.


I felt as if I was 50 years back.



First I thought : "There should be something like this
in Moss too", but then my second thought was :
"Good that Horten made this center, we can crosss
the fjord with the ferry and see their center."

The website for the local history center http://www.lhs.no/

No comments: