Friday, August 6, 2010

So what is a renaissance fair?

When my son invited me to a renaissance fair in Bristol,
Wisconsin, I thought we were going to some antique mall.

Seeing all the cars parked in some huge fields, I slowly
understood that this was something else.
Some of those who parked their cars, then came out
dressed in costumes.

Not an antique mall, for sure!

The entrance looked like this, so I forgot I was in
Wisconsin and remembered visits to England and
even to Germany.

We had come to the Renaissance Faire in Bristol!


In many ways you are on a set, with buildings that
probably have no real backside, but I loved walking
along, looking at each building. There were shops of
every kind you could imagine for such a place.


As people needed cash, the ATM machine had been
built into a more timely little building. ;-)


There were performers of all kinds, and many dressed
up in costumes that may or may not, have been
typical for that time.

It was very funny to see some of those "historical"
persons talking on their cellphones!


I loved it, despite all the phoniness.
It was pure fun!



No comments: