Friday, November 30, 2007

Destressing on a day off



Photos I took in August walking along the shore of Mjoesa, Norway's biggest lake, in Hamar.

A day off work, like today, is sometimes very good for my physical and mental health.

How to destress?
An article in a magazine had a long row with ideas.

Here are some:

On your day off, sleep till you feel completely rested.
(I just did that - 7 hours of sleep!)

Learn to say no.
(I am getting better at that.)

Write down "This I have done"lists instead of "This I should do"lists.
(It shifts your way of thinking and feeling about yourself)

Journal 10 - 15 minutes every night.
(I try write down five good things that happened that day).

And some ideas I should use more:
Play some nice music.
Read a good book.
Email, phone or visit a good friend.
Watch a funny movie.
Visit an art exhibition.

No comments: