Saturday, July 7, 2007

Watercolor tutorials

For some time I have been considering trying water color, for fun.
Perhaps as a way to overcome childhood frustrations of colors that after a short time all looked brownish and brushes I could not control. Painting inside those borders was just impossible!

Yesterday I bought a fairly cheap set of watercolors with a thick and thin brush.
After trying out that set instinctively - part of the result is on the top - I understood I could benefit from some instructions.

Checking out the internet, I found a website called Watercolorpainting.com where they have free tutorials. Just what I was looking for!

I printed out "How to Hold a Water Color Brush : Five ways to Loosen Up by Getting a Grip"
1. Classic
2. Pinch
3. Pass the pencil
4. Screwdriver
5. Conductor

http://www.watercolorpainting.com/watercolor-tutorials.htm

Next step will be to do those exercises. That will be a suitable Sunday pastime - especially as it is supposed to rain tomorrow.

No comments: