Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Climbing a radio mast in Motala, Sweden


From the Swedish Wikipedia entry for Motala longwave radio station.
Source: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motala_långvåg

For the adventurous souls, interested in extreme experiences:

What about climbing up the 120 meter high radio mast in Motala, Sweden?
This radio station was inaugurated in 1927. I remember the name Motala on our old radio back in the 1950's.

For two hours of climbing with a guide, you pay 450 Swedish crowns ( less than 60 US dollars?).

You can book such a tour in the summer time by phoning the local Swedish telephone number 070-5451354.

The view from the top is spectacular, I am told.

I don't like heights myself, so it is NOT on my list of what to do in Scandinavia.
But perhaps an idea for you?

No comments: