Saturday, October 13, 2007

Finding pieces in some puzzle


Yesterday I started to write down what I have done,
both for a living, but also not for pay, in my life,
dividing it into spans of ten years.

It was an interesting exercize.

I have decided to add more information in the future.

Looking at what I had written, also gave me additional feedback.
Many jobs I liked very much. Some jobs were not exactly for me.

One thing I like very much is finding a piece in my own or somebody
else's genealogical puzzle.
A document.
A photograph.
A living person.
A gravestone.
A name.
A story.
A place.

Those are the moments I feel that I have used those special qualities
and the knowledge that make me me.
I know that many others could find those answers too,
but I was fortunate to be the one doing the job,
finding the piece in the puzzle.

At the same time I feel humble, knowing it is only one
or a few pieces in a very big puzzle.
A big puzzle where many of the pieces are lost forever.

No comments: