Saturday, October 6, 2007

The postal services

Very close to my house is a supermarket and in that supermarket you find a post office.
I once wrote to some of you about this concept of "Post in the supermarket ".
The supermarket is usually open till nine o'clock at night.

On Monday I came home from work and found a note that I had a parcel that was too big for my postbox. That would, in the past, mean I would get that parcel the next day or the day after if I could get to a post office during their limited working hours.

Here I just walked straight to the supermarket - it was only seven in the evening - and voila, I got my OGGZ. Not only that, but that parcel had been sent from the USA on September 25th and arrived here on October 1st. Impressive!
Yesterday I got another parcel from the States, also sent on September 25th. That firm promises delivery within 4-6 weeks for customers abroad. Pleasant surprise.
Yesterday I got a third parcel sent from my other country. It had been sent from a small rural post office on Monday October 1st and arrived here on Friday Nov 5th.
Both of yesterday's parcels I picked up ten minutes before the supermarket closed last night.

So I have had some good experiences with the post services in Norway and abroad this week.

PS. Do not believe I get parcels this often!
I had ordered the two from the States as presents for myself. :)

No comments: