Saturday, October 27, 2007

Grandmother Lina's stink cheese "Pultost"


At my grandmother's apartment in Oslo a small container with a cow on the lid had some smelly stuff in it.

As a child I knew it was called "Pultost" but I sure thought it was strange my grandmother ate the cheese inside.

My uncle Ellef also liked Pultost , so when my grandmother died, he inherited that little container with the cow on the lid. Where it is now, I don't know.

Years later, my mother found exactly the same kind of container in a flee market here in Moss, and bought it.

Today I decided to buy Pultost. It is already in my fridge.
How does it really taste?
I am a little scared to taste it.


First I wanted to know a little more about this cheese but the stub on the Wikipedia only said
"Pultost is a soft, mature Norwegian sour milk cheese flavored with caraway seeds. Pultost is found in two forms, spreadable and porous. The spreadable kind has a stronger taste."
Now I am even more scared.





No comments: