Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Seven lessons from The American Monk

The American Monk Click on this icon to learn more
I have never tried meditation.
When I came upon this website of the American Monk, I thought it worth trying.
So far I have done the Daisy Pond Technique, The Metaphor Technique and the Shield Technique and it has been quite interesting, to say the least. When Burt Goldman's voice first mentioned that these meditations should be done in your home and not in any moving vehicle, I still did not understand what he meant - till I fell asleep the first time being in the Daisy Pond! That could have been a disaster if I had been a driver, but then again, I am not.

So I have decided to go through the seven lessons and see what happens.
For me, this experience has come at a time I feel it fits my thinking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, I too am intrigued by Burt Goldman and was wondering if you have made any more progress since this post. Thanks!

EF said...

Hi Eric,
I bought the Mind Box after having tried the seven free meditation techniques. With the Mind Box I have a wider range of meditations to do.
I find it doesn't really matter which meditation I do - they all help me both to focus and to relax.

Personally I prefer meditating in bed - I haven't quite figured out yet if I fall asleep or just enter a deep meditation level.

For me this has been a positive addition to my life.